Monday, February 4, 2008

Presentation

I have discussed with Chris that my presentation will be during Fridays lesson as I want to be fully prepared and my cue cards aren't yet completed. My presentation consists of the following:
The purpose of a music video - creating a star. This includes star vehicles, star power and star image.
Goodwins distinguishing features of a music video - This includes talking about relationships between lyrics, images, genre etc and the video. It is also where I will show my two examples and refer them to goodwins points as I talk about each one. I'm not looking forward to the presentation but hopefully I won't do too badly.
I have also been looking at the song for my music video and have chosen The Postal Service's "Such Great Heights." I have been creating a time line, almot like a paper edit in which I have been writing the times of each line of the song and thinking about what images I want to be showing for each one. I think I have a rough idea of what I want to achieve now and after the presentation is complete I can get on with my storyboarding as long as chris is happy with my idea.

No comments: